With growing time and technological advancements, we are bombarded with great level apps of apps that not only do the work but also make our lives way easier. Spotify has become a part of daily life for everyone! Spotify has become a new meaning for music now. There’s not a moment we miss out on listening to our favorite songs while traveling to work, cooking our favorite dishes, doing our everyday chores. Spotify has become a new meaning for music now.
But the most irritating part is when you want to relax listening to your favorite tunes but Spotify has identified a bug! You open the web player, and you are unable to play your song. Relax! In this article, we are going to discuss what to do when you see your Spotify Web Player not working.
How To Fix “Spotify Web Player Not Working” Error?
Unable to listen to your favorite music cause Spotify Web Player not working? We have come up with FIVE ways that could possibly solve your problem. So you don’t have to face any obstacles while listening to your favorite tracks on Spotify Web Player.
In an attempt to make the website experience easier for people, the website may ask you to enable Cookies. While it could offer you a smoother experience on the interface, it can lead to many complications as well. If you have been getting errors of Spotify Web Player not working, you can try this method of clearing out Cookies and Cache. To know how to do that, follow the instructions below
- Open Google Chrome on your laptop or PC
- Click on the three-dotted menu
- Click on the More Tools option
- Select Clear Browsing History
- Select the duration you want to clear out
- Then, click Clear Browsing Data
- This should resolve the issue
2. Enable Protected Content
If you have protected content is not enabled on your browser, you will see a message prompt when you open Spotify Web Player. In that case, you will need to disable it by following the steps mentioned below
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- Click on the three-dotted menu and go to Settings
- Then, Choose the content
- Look for protected content in the list
- Then, click on Allow Site To Play Protected Content
- Once you do that, your Spotify Web Player should start working
3. Network Connection
There could be a problem with your internet connection if you see your Spotify Web Player not working. You need to fix the issue with the device. To fix that you can try the steps mentioned below
- Try to load see if the same issue is occurring with other websites as well
- If it does, it can be an internet issue
- Restart your internet router and wait for it to connect again
- Open Settings on your Windows Computer and click on Network & Settings
- Click on Network Troubleshooter
- The system will troubleshoot and let you know about the issue and fix it as well
4. Switch Browsers
If you see your Spotify Web Player not working, one thing you can do is try to switch browsers and see if its works for any other browser. You will have to log in with your details all over again on a new browser, but that may not occur the same issue and you would happily be listening to your favorite songs.
5. Download PC App
If you keep facing the same issue and there’s nothing working for you. The most permanent solution to solve this problem is to just download the PC App of the Spotify Web Player, which will not have this issue going on with it and you can always use it, that too without signing-in again and again. Here’s what you need to do
- Visit Spotify Official Website from any web browser on your laptop or PC
- Click on the download button on your screen
- The file will automatically get downloaded to your system
- Run the file and open the app
- Login with your Spotify Account
- And you’re done! You can now enjoy your favorite tracks!
Hope the above-mentioned ways will be helpful to you and you will be able to do listen to your favorite tracks without any issue or bug in your Spotify Web Player, If you have any queries regarding this article, comment below and let us know